Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mandarin is a tough language

Nursing Preceptor with Kyleigh and I on the Psych ward

I was blessed with the opportunity of being able to spend clinicals today in the psychiatric ward of Cheng Hsin General Hospital. Kyleigh and I were both paired with a nurse preceptor who went out of her way to give us many teaching opportunities about the psych department. I was amazed at how similar the psych ward is in Taiwan compared to my psych rotation at Fairfax back in Washington. I got to speak Spanish to a patient today who was from Equador! It felt good to be able to use my Spanish skills even though I am in Taiwan haha. We had a Mandarin language lesson today after our clinicals. All I can say is that Mandarin is a very very tough language and I don't think my jaw is wired correctly to make some of the sounds needed. But we have another lesson next week so hopefully I can keep practicing and be able to say some phrases!

Tonight I went out to dinner with a group of students and my professors. The food was so good!! Best meal I've had in awhile:) It was a great spending time in a small group getting to know the other girls and our professors even better than before. Our group is becoming so close as everyone is sharing their testiomonies and getting to know each other better. I am so glad I got to come to Taiwan with such a great group of women:)

Tomorrow I'll be in the Traditional Chinese Medicine clinic with a couple other students.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment