Thursday, February 28, 2013

Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel Group
Riding on the MRT
Today was my last day in the hospital for the week. It's been a long week with 4 back to back clinical days but it's been exciting seeing the progression I have made during my time in the hospital. My confidence levels have been improved since my first day in the ICU. Being in the hospital here can be intimidating because not only have I never worked in an ICU, but everything is in an entirely different language. I can tell that my nurse is becoming more confident and trusting in my abilities to do nursing tasks. She has given me more assigned things to do with a lot more freedom than in the past couple days with her in the medical ICU.

Tonight we went on a tour of the Grand Hotel in Taipei. The architecture was amazing and very intricute inside and out of the hotel. Two of the guides that went with us are highschoolers who attend Taipei American School. We had a fun time talking to them about which colleges they want to apply to in the US. I encouraged one of them to apply to WSU because she was really interested in UW too:) go cougs!

Architecture of the ceiling in the Grand Hotel




No comments:

Post a Comment