Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's day!

Happy Valentine's day! Today I woke up to a pleasant surprise outside of my dorm room. My professors woke up extra early to put Valentine's day cards and bags of lavendar outside of our rooms. I also ate my Sweetheart candies my mom slipped in my bag before I left Maple Valley.

Today a couple of us observed in the Traditional Chinese Medicine clinic. We were able to several people get acupunture for various diagnoses. It was cool to see how every point on the body has a specific meaning in accupuncture. We were even able to practice accupuncture on each other which felt really weird lol. We practiced on a point on the hand which is supposed to help improve the immune system. I wouldn't say that it hurt, but it was definitely a weird feeling having a needle inserted into a pressure point. The point we used was the webbed piece of skin between your thumb and first finger, and you press into that about 1/2 inch and insert it on the top of the hand.


Tonight I went out on my hot Valentine's Day date with Marlaina and Kyleigh. We went to a very romantic place called Subway haha. I would say it's similar to the ones in the US but it tastes a little bit different. There has been a lot of vendors in the park the last couple days forming something like a swap meet. I bought a red purse tonight for 200NT (~$6 USD) and I love it! Every night someone in our group has been sharing devotions and it's such an amazing experience to see where everyone comes from and how their past has helped shape who they are today.

Sending lots of love to friends and family back home today!! Missing everyone <3

No comments:

Post a Comment