Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cardiac Surgery

Dinner Group at a Jimmy Chazz French Restaurant
Dr. Wei and I
I'm loving my experience at Cheng Hsin hospital in the Medical ICU! I've been given a lot of learing opportunities here because the doctors and nurses are so open to teaching to me. We might not be able to talk a lot in English but they're able to point and use diagrahms to explain what they are doing. Today we watched a cardiac surgery on a 36 year old who had an aneurysm on his aorta. We were not in the OR but were watching the surgery on a large screen. Dr. Wei, a world famous heart surgeon, was performing the surgery and explained things to us as he went along. It was so cool to see the patient's beating heart right there on the screen. Later in the surgery he bypassed the heart and we saw it completely stop beating, what an intersting part of the body.

Later that day we went out to dinner with Dr. Wei at a fancy french restaurant. I had a delicious steak (which actually made me full!)

Kristin and I with our table partners

No comments:

Post a Comment